The CORA online workshop series on digital transformation in rural areas sensitised and inspired the attendees, provided them with practical knowledge and concrete guidelines on different topics of the digital transformation in rural areas in the North Sea Region. The attendees met and exchanged with experts and stakeholders and gained knowledge on practical ways of approaching the digital transformation in a municipality. The workshops were free and open to everyone interested. Check the overview and details for all six CORA online workshops on digital transformation in rural areas.
The Workshop 1 “Integrated Strategy, KPIs and Funding” on 27 October 2022 (13:00 – 16:10) provided insight into why a digital transformation strategy for a small municipality is necessary, how it is structured and what an implementation process might look like. Next to a general review of digitalisation and digital transformation, we looked into Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the digital strategy and explored ways of funding and financing and good practice examples. The workshop tackled the complete cycle of a digital strategy: from the first ideas to the implementation. Download the agenda, presentations (Oldambt, Veile, Hüttener Berge, Eidskog) and check the recording (password: MgP939Ku) of the event for more details.
Agenda in brief (13:00-16:10, 27 October)
- Opening and welcome. Introducing the smart rural journey approach for small and rural municipalities
- Inspirational speech
- Learning from the practice. Case studies from European municipalities:
– Integrating the strategy for the municipality of Oldambt
– The digital challenge in Eidskog Municipality as a remote rural area
– Intercommunal approach for a digital strategy
– The digital transformation in Vejle Municipality as a prioritized leadership responsibility
– Senior Citizens Portal – a tool defined by the digital strategy for better quality of life for citizens
- Panel discussion. Chances and challenges in developing and implementing digital strategies
- Breakout sessions. Room for discussions with presenters of the case studies.